Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Problems

• Please log in to reply

sieur_drewry

sieur_drewry

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I think I have a virus or something of that sort. Whenever I start my computer it has the send error report thing pop up, and it closes explorer.exe.

Whenever I open task manager and run explorer.exe again it closes after a few seconds. I am pretty sure it is a virus becuase I went to this website right before it did that and it said i had like 500 trojans, then I ran AdAware to help me get rid of all these spyware I have now (like at the top of the internet explorer is this serach toolbar and when I click on remove toolbar it sends me to some advertisement to remove spyware. also when I right click at the top of IE all the options are greyed out but customize). But yea.. I think the virus got angry when I ran adaware because then all of a sudden it did the send error report to close explorer.exe. And it hasnt changed since. PLEASE HELP me!!

Advertisements

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
You need to go to the Malware Removal forum, have a read of the pinned topics and follow the procedures given in them.
If you're still having problems then post a Hijackthis log to the forum.

sieur_drewry

sieur_drewry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Ok thank you