Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"msvcp80.dll is missing"

windows 7 .dll PowerDVD video

Best Answer SleepyDude , 26 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

OK, now they are both installed!   It is odd that when I did the Dell system analysis, it didn't tell me to update those drivers. I never trust those automated tools  I guess now we hope... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Just on a side note, he won't be able to install an older version of a .NET Framework if he already have a more recent one installed. Since he have 4.5.2 installed, he would need to uninstall .NET Framework 4.5.2, then download and install .NET Framework 3 and reinstall .NET Framework 4.5.2 after. Maybe we could see if he have .NET Framework 3.5 turned on in the "Turn on and off Windows features". I know that some systems have it disabled by default and it could cause issues.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Just on a side note, he won't be able to install an older version of a .NET Framework if he already have a more recent one installed. Since he have 4.5.2 installed, he would need to uninstall .NET Framework 4.5.2, then download and install .NET Framework 3 and reinstall .NET Framework 4.5.2 after. Maybe we could see if he have .NET Framework 3.5 turned on in the "Turn on and off Windows features". I know that some systems have it disabled by default and it could cause issues.

Sorry Aura I don't agree with you. It's normal to have several .NET Framework versions installed at the same time, some programs require a specific version to work. Also .NET Framework 3.5.1 is a feature included on windows 7 you can't exactly remove it like the other programs, you have to turn it on or off on the Windows Features option.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
I agree with the fact that it's normal to have several .NET Framework installations at the same time Sleepy, it's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that if he wants to install .NET Framework 3, he will have to uninstall his .NET Framework 4.5.2 first otherwise the install will fail. And I said the exact same thing for .NET Framework 3.5.1*, here :)

Maybe we could see if he have .NET Framework 3.5 turned on in the "Turn on and off Windows features". I know that some systems have it disabled by default and it could cause issues.

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Hi SD,

Is this the one to install?

http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=39237

thanks

Chris

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
chris, you don't need to install .NET Framework 3.5.1 since it's already included in Windows 7 by default. You just need to make sure that it's turned on. Click on the Start Menu then go in the Control Panel. From there, click on Programs and click on Turn On and Off Windows features. From there, look for .NET Framework 3.5.1 in the list. Is it checked? If not, check it and click on Ok to enable it.

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Hi SD and Aura,

OK, I went to look at the status of .NET Framework 3.5.1 in the list.

It was shaded, so I guess partially on. 

So I went to the sub options and checked "Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Actuation" and "Windows Communication Foundation Non-HTTP Actuation" boxes which allowed .NET Framework 3.5.1 to be fully checked. 

(I also checked all the printer options because I was having scanning problems)

I then hit OK, so now .NET Framework 3.5.1 is checked.

Tried running Power DVD, same error.

I will now restart then run scan and post results

thanks

Chris

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Did you restart your computer after enabling it? It might require a restart to enable certain components.

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Yes, I did a restart, and currently .NET Framework 3.5.1 is checked

Looks like still same error:

http://www.materra.be/sfcdetails5.txt

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Bummer, but I need to run off to work now, will pick this up this evening.

Thanks again to both of you for helping

Chris

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Bummer, but I need to run off to work now, will pick this up this evening.

Thanks again to both of you for helping

Chris

Ok. Now please go back to the Windows Features again and disable .NET Framework 3.5.1 completely restart and run sfc to see if it continues to complain about those errors.

Advertisements

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Ah ha...looks like we are on to something now..

The message I got after the scan was:

"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"

The log no longer shows any errors either:

http://www.materra.be/sfcdetails6.txt

But....  Power DVD still brings up the original error.

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

PS  In case this provides any clues, I was able to install 12 new windows updates this evening, yet still unable to install windows update 3033929.  

thanks

Chris

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
I'll take a look at that update tomorrow since I'm going to bed. And I might ask a friend to take a look at this thread, mainly your CBS.log.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

PS  In case this provides any clues, I was able to install 12 new windows updates this evening, yet still unable to install windows update 3033929.  

thanks

Chris

That is good.  Please try to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) to see if it solves the problem with Power DVD.

About the KB3033929 update do you have any other operating system installed on the machine on a dual boot configuration?

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Ugh...still original problem with msvcp80.dll.  Maybe it needs to be reinstalled after turning off .NET Framework 3.5.1?

Regarding KB3033929, there is no other operating system that I am aware of.  I just bought the computer new from Dell (scratch and dent), so I just have whatever was on it when they sent it.

Is there a problem having .NET Framework 3.5.1 off?

thanks again for all the help from both of you