Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't open microsoft office after trying to move it from (C:) to (

microsoft office word moving problem cant open issue moving programs repair program microsoft office 2015

• Please log in to reply

pete312

pete312

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi!

I recently tried to move the my microsoft office 15-package from (C:) to (D:) because of lack space left on (C:). During the process some of the files must have went astray, bacause when I tried to open Word again nothing happened. Therefore I have now tried moving the folder back to (D:), but without much success.

Any advice on how to track down the missing files? Or do I have to reinstall Office? :)

Thanks, Pete

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Hello Pete312... and :welcome:

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to "transfer" Microsoft Office.  I'm pretty sure you would have re-install it.  Your regular documents and stuff should transfer over, though.

Maybe someone else knows something I don't.  :prop:

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Hello Pete312... and :welcome:

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to "transfer" Microsoft Office.  I'm pretty sure you would have re-install it.  Your regular documents and stuff should transfer over, though.

Maybe someone else knows something I don't.  :prop:

Believe your are correct, as even if it was originally installed on the D drive, some files would still need to be installed on main OS C drive. So now transferring it has Office software confused to were to look and find files needed to run as doing this is not going to move certain files over from C drive and even by telling the registry. Kind of feel can't really transfer software to another drive without re-installing it.

Edited by jds63, 08 April 2015 - 02:45 PM.