Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2013 Error 0x800ccc1a

• Please log in to reply

Triskelion

Triskelion

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Not sure what has happened but when I try to send or receive email in my Outlook account I suddenly get this error message:

Task 'my account - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC1A): 'Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP) for additional assistance.'

I'm not sure how this happened and neither does anyone I have look at it.

This is a very important to me as this is my email account that I use for my business.

help please.

Thanks.

Advertisements

hgh918

hgh918

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello there..

Have you gone into the account settings and verify all the server/port settings are correct, as well as the less obvious setup options such as authentication type?

Triskelion

Triskelion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Yup.. I even went over it with our IT dept, and all my settings are correct, he had no idea what was wrong, but since head office is moving to Microsoft Exchange, they don't do troubleshooting on Outlook anymore... Not that they were ANY help to begin with. They're sort of a joke.

I have been doing some reading online and many things say it may be a corrupted .pst file.

I was trying to do the pst repair from within Outlook, but I couldn't get it to work, or I'm missing a step or something.

Edited by Triskelion, 09 April 2015 - 08:48 AM.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

since head office is moving to Microsoft Exchange, they don't do troubleshooting on Outlook

Doesn't make any sense since you use a Outlook client to connect to a Exchange mail server. Did you try deleting your profile (locally) on Outlook and recreating it? You could back-up your .pst file first just in case.

AidaJolley

AidaJolley

• Pip
  • 2 posts

It is possible you are facing problem due to corrupt Outlook PST file. Microsoft has also suggested a free PST repair utility Inbox Repair tool but has some limitations. Using free tool to repair corrupt PST file could results in data loss. To repair PST file it would be better to opt for Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair and get problem resolved.