Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

the abi network...the latest scam ?

• Please log in to reply

robertguda

robertguda

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi people....

I have been cleaning computers for some time now and allways used the most common spy and adware removers. in some rare cases took refuge to reformatting and reinstalling the OS. when I first noticed this abi network thing in my computer, I used ad-aware registry first aid, and some other cleaning programs (crapcleaner) mcafee). I got zero results. after having removed the entire OS, I found this forum and with it the suggestions to use hijackthis. my question is, did anybody trace where this program came from ? I think I may have found a clue. there was a free invoice program called ABInvoice in one of those free download sites, I'll try to get the exact location later on, that I recall after having installed it this strange behaviour of my computer began. I hope there is an easier way to get rid of this nasty stuff.
hopefully someone can use this information.

regards:
robert

The abinvoice program could not be found anymore. I thought I downloaded it from softpile.com.

Edited by robertguda, 13 June 2005 - 09:13 PM.

Advertisements