Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

amd a8-6600k with coolermaster hyper tx3 evo

AMD; cooler; coolermaster; temperatures;

• Please log in to reply

ruineves1994

ruineves1994

• Pip
  • 1 posts

hi , 
i am going crazy with this question : worth buying coolermaster hyper tx3 evo for my cpu ?
i only want to play safely and have sure that my cpu doesn´t pass the 60´s or 65ºc on full load . I don´t plan on OC my cpu! 
my cpu is amd a8-6600k and I have the stock cooler , few months ago i reached to 63º on full load in 1h stress test on aida , now reaches to 70º on 5 minutes ( ambient temp is higher too
). 
I really liked if someone can help me , and if alreaddy tested this cooler with my cpu say it too . 
Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:   ruineves1994,

The Hyper TX3 EVO is compatible with your CPU (source here) however there are other things that need to be considered such as do you have room for the cooler inside your case, your CPU is still within the 3 year warranty period and by using a third party cooler you will void it and finally do you presently have adequate case cooling because if you don't it would explain the present high temps.

The maximum safe operating temperature for your CPU is 74°C and the temps that you have provided show that they are borderline - if you are overclocking stop until the issue is resolved.

Can you tell us what type of case you have, how many internal cooling fans there are and where in the case they are mounted.

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page.