Seems to be running okay, can't find any Jumbosale running either
That's good news. You may still want to consider a complete reinstall of chrome as a precaution. If you do follow step 1 instructions otherwise go straight to step 2. I'm going to remove a program which disables Windows Defender and get you to enable your Anti Virus.
Step1 - Reinstall Chrome
1. If you have bookmarks, let's save them by exporting them - Export Bookmarks
2. Then I need you to go Google Sync and sign into your account
3. Scroll down until you see the "Stop and Clear" button and click on the button. At the prompt click on "Ok"
4. Now we need to uninstall chrome.
5. Close all Chrome windows and tabs.
6. Go to the Start menu > Control Panel.
7. Click Uninstall a Program or Programmes and Features
8. Double-click Google Chrome.
9. Click Uninstall from the confirmation dialogue. Select the "Also delete your browsing data" tick box.
10. Restart the computer and reinstall chrome, You can download The latest version from here - Google Chrome
11. Import your bookmarks back into Chrome
12. Sign back in to your Chrome browser so that your bookmarks sync with your online account.
Step2 - FRST fix
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.
Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:
DisableMSDefender (Version: 1.0.0 - Hewlett-Packard Company) Hidden
- Save this as fixlist.txt, in the same location as FRST.exe on your desktop.
- Run FRST by right clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator and press Fix
- On completion a log (fixlist.txt) will be generated.
- Please select all text in this fix, copy (CTRL + C) and then Paste (CTRL + V) in your next reply.
Step3 - Remove Programs
Please uninstall the following unwanted programs:
To do this:
Please go to Start Menu -> Programs and Features
In the list of installed programs locate and click on the program to uninstall e.g. DisableMSDefender
Step4 - Enable Windows Defender Anti Virus
Please enable your Anti Virus by following the instructions to turn it on from here - Windows Defender - turn on or off in Windows 8
Step5 - Fresh FRST log
- Please run Farbars Recovery Scan Tool again. Run FRST by right clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator. Allow it to update if it wants to.
- Please tick the Addition.txt box under Optional Scan.
- Press Scan button.
- It will make logs FRST.txt & Addition.txt in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste them to your reply.
Things for your next post:
- FRST.txt and Addition.txt
- What issues, if any, are you still having with the computer?