Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PC won't boot from USB

• Please log in to reply

Pufi

Pufi

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

So I've been having this problem for about 2 weeks.

I tried installing first Windows 7 64-bits, made the USB bootable and second Windows 10 Technical Preview and the following happens:

When I choose to go in Boot device selection menu, the USB does not appear.

When I choose to go into BIOS it is recognized, and I set it the primary boot device but after saving changes and rebooting, it is not recognized again.

Please help me.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts

infodavidwatson

Please do not post inside another members topic, your computer issue/s may appear to be the same but be completely different + your request for assistance may be overlooked as staff and members will check a topic that has yet to receive a reply but they may not if it appears that assistance has already been offered to the OP.

Please start your own topic and someone will be happy to assist you there, it will be helpful if you can provide as much information as possible about your computer and it`s hardware/software + any troubleshooting steps that you may have tried already.

Pufi

Pufi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

OK, so I messed around with BIOS settings, disabled and enabled again Legacy USB support and then put it on Auto, and it recognized it 2 times, but then again the same problem.

Do I have to always disable and re-enable Legacy Support in BIOS?