continuous loop [Solved]
Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:45 PM
Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:23 PM
There is a Google search tab... But it doesn't add it. I select it and nothing.
Got it. Here's how to resolve that.
1. Download the attached AddGoogleProvider.zip file to your desktop.
2. Right-click on it and Extract to your desktop. The resulting file should be AddGoogleProvider.reg.
3. Double click on the reg file to merge into your registry.
4. Once done, ensure Internet Explorer is closed and then re-open it.
5. Go back to Tools...Manage add-ons and then select Search Providers on the left.
6. This time you will see Google above Bing. You wont' see an icon yet.
7. Right-click on Google and select Set as Default.
8. Close your browser and re-open. You're all set.
Now keep in mind when you open a new tab you won't see a Google search bar there like you saw the Bing one. That's specific to Microsoft and Bing. See the following link for more info.
Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:34 PM
Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:54 PM
# DelFix v10.9 - Logfile created 20/04/2015 at 19:52:26
# Updated 27/02/2015 by Xplode
# Username : Justin - JGAMINGCOMPUTER
# Operating System : Windows 8.1 (64 bits)
~ Activating UAC ... OK
~ Removing disinfection tools ...
Deleted : C:\FRST
Deleted : C:\AdwCleaner
Deleted : C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\FRST-OlderVersion
Deleted : C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\Addition.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\adwcleaner_4.201.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\Fixlog.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\FRST.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\FRST64.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\JRT.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\JRT.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\RogueKillerX64.exe
Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\AdwCleaner
~ Creating registry backup ... OK
~ Cleaning system restore ...
Deleted : RP #25 [Windows Update | 03/26/2015 00:51:32]
Deleted : RP #26 [Scheduled Checkpoint | 04/04/2015 19:35:13]
Deleted : RP #27 [Scheduled Checkpoint | 04/11/2015 23:44:49]
Deleted : RP #28 [Windows Update | 04/18/2015 10:38:13]
Deleted : RP #29 [HPSF Applying updates | 04/19/2015 21:59:34]
New restore point created !
~ Resetting system settings ... OK
########## - EOF - ##########
Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:11 PM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users