Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with partitions

partitions local disc c x d

• Please log in to reply

RubenAmaro

RubenAmaro

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello, i'm having a problem with my computer about partitions, my local disc (c:) somehow switches places with System reserved (d:), and because of that my computer won't start and keeps getting stuck in the Starting Windows.

I booted my computer like 3 times, i'm great at the first time but i don't know why it happens when I restart, they switch places like i said.

I will post a photo so you can see.
I need this.

Ruben
IMG_20150421_191617.jpg

Edited by RubenAmaro, 21 April 2015 - 12:36 PM.

Advertisements

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

what os are you running? xp, win7 etc. etc. (edit:- never mind, i should really see what part of the forum i'm in first. :rofl: )

is that screen shot taken running the os or when in windows recovery mode?

Windows Recovery Environment mode is operating system independent recovery tool to repair the operating system files. When you use diskpart from WinRE mode, the system reserved partition is considered as C and the windows partition will be the next drive letter after C.

full reply :-

Hi Nick,

·         What is the error message when you try to boot Windows?

·         Did you try booting into Safe mode?

The issue might not be related to reassigning of the drive letters.

Windows Recovery Environment mode is operating system independent recovery tool to repair the operating system files. When you use diskpart from WinRE mode, the system reserved partition is considered as C and the windows partition will be the next drive letter after C.

Once you provide the error message while booting windows, it will help us to determine the cause of the issue. As of now, try the steps mentioned below.

Step 1: Try booting the computer in Safe mode

a.    Use F8 while restarting the computer.

b.    Under Windows Advanced Boot Options menu, select Safe mode and press Enter.

Step 2: Perform System restore from Windows Recovery Environment mode if you’re not able to boot into Safe mode

Visit the link below to know how to perform a system restore.

System Restore: frequently asked questions

http://windows.micro...asked-questions

Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support

:popcorn:

Edited by terry1966, 21 April 2015 - 05:32 PM.

RubenAmaro

RubenAmaro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
This is safe mode, i will run system restore