Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wifi

Best Answer setto , 30 April 2015 - 12:07 AM

hi thanks for the replie, have had this problem a couple ov times. the way i fix it then was to do a cold start a few times, then computer wifi worked ok. this same this time no look, did problem f... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

setto

setto

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

morning all, have a slight problem with my wifi,, my emachine e725 will not discover any wifi connection, all drivers installed and correct, checked firewall and virus setting but still the same,, thanks for any help ...

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Hello setto,

A few questions to help us get started troubleshooting your issue.

1) It used to work fine?  How long has the problem been happening?

2) Was anything changed between the time it worked and when the problem occurred? (updated drivers, hardware/software installation, etc?)

3) Does this problem occur with other wireless devices on the network?

4) Is this problem limited to wifi?  There are no problems when using a wired connection?

If using Windows 7, please click Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center

Please click the red X near the top/middle of that window, as in the picture below:

nasc_zpsoluztr2h.png

Please let us know what the troubleshooter indicates, or use the steps in the Spoiler button below to share a screenshot with us!

Spoiler

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

setto,

Haven't heard from you in a while, were you ever able to make progress with this issue?

setto

setto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

hi thanks for the replie, have had this problem a couple ov times. the way i fix it then was to do a cold start a few times, then computer wifi worked ok. this same this time no look, did problem finder with wifi  card like u said and says cannot find any problems with card.have check device manager and it seems to be there. nothing has been change at all, checked to see if drivers for card are there, they are, the wifi card is a mini wifi/bluetooth all bluetooth works ok, will not work if i hard wire it tyo the router, the card controls both, yes am running windows 7, thanks again ,,,,,,

setto

setto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
✓  Best Answer

hi thanks for the replie, have had this problem a couple ov times. the way i fix it then was to do a cold start a few times, then computer wifi worked ok. this same this time no look, did problem finder with wifi  card like u said and says cannot find any problems with card.have check device manager and it seems to be there. nothing has been change at all, checked to see if drivers for card are there, they are, the wifi card is a mini wifi/bluetooth all bluetooth works ok, will not work if i hard wire it tyo the router, the card controls both, yes am running windows 7, thanks again ,,,,,,