First of all I just wanted to encourage the staff to keep their great job up.
Then, I have two questions.
1) I would like to know what normal people should make (install or update or anything) to make sure their computer will not be infected with malwares ?
What I believe is needed is the following:
- get all security update for the OS (I have been making this)
- have a regularly updated antivirus (I have been making this)
- have a regularly updated firewall or have a router ( I did not have neither of them)
- do not use Internet Explorer as web browser (I was using FireFox)
But what happened to me recently proved that it is not sufficient. I had trojans and virus on my hard drives that I was unanle to get rid of even by perfoming all the steps descibed in the "You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log " thread. I eventually formated my OS drive and it looks to work well so far.
So I wonder what should I do to prevent this kind of stuff in the future.
2) Since I had problems I decided to use sygate as firewall. Besides I am using Windows default internet sharing. The sharing is disabled with Sygate. I have tried many things, looked at the doc but did not achieve to make it work properly. I guess several issue like mine have been posted and answered. So, if someone can provide some thread I could read it would be nice.
Thanks for your help,