Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird issues with FPS and CPU usage.

• Please log in to reply

Broken..

Broken..

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • I have some FPS DROP or stuttering or what ever you want to call it issues. In a game like CSGO, what happens is every 10-5 minutes, the FPS drop to 15-12, and stay like that for 40-30 seconds, but the CPU usage doesn't lock itself at 100% like in GTA V which has memory leak issues, it just stays hovering 60-50%. But the CPU temperatures get 62-64C, why is it higher than in GTA V? My RAM is being used 2.5 out of 4gb while playing. So what the heck is happening to my PC? I have new windows, I got a new HDD just yesterday, my GPU usage and temperatures are good, and the CPU cooler is clean, I've replaced the thermal paste a few weeks ago. I had this issue alot of times in the past, and I don't remember or know how I fixed it. My specs :
  • Q9505 2.83 GhZ
  • 4GB DDR2
  • GTX 650 2GB

Edited by Broken.., 22 April 2015 - 01:22 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:   Broken..

Please post the brand and model name or number of the power supply (PSU).

Download Speedfan and install it.  Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.  The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.

If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

speedfan.png

(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

Download then run HWMonitor and post a screenshot so that we have a comparison to the Speedfan results, details from here

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

Broken..

Broken..

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Theres a 4pin connector missing thats supposed to be broken off from the big ATX cable going to the motherboard 

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Beforewe can help you, we do need information.

The brand/model of your,

MB?

PSU?

A screenshot of Speedfan, as shown in the reply from Phillpower2.

How to upload a file or image to G2G. 

Click the More Reply Options, (bottom right next to the blue reply button.) > Type in your text.

If the file or image already exists, > Click Choose file... (bottom left)

In the window that opens, > Browse to the file or image you want to upload, > Click the file/image you want, wait for confirmation at bottom left, 

(Repeat if you have more files/images to upload,) > click Reply.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Been a while since we heard from you.   Do you still require some help?   An update would be appreciated.

Thanks.