Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD-RW problem

• Please log in to reply

Geoff47

Geoff47

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have an NEC DVD/CD - RW drive and an NEC DVD Drive. The RW drive plays and writes to CDs without problem and will also play DVDs, I can write a word document to the DVD but but I can not write MP3 files to a blank DVD. I am trying to save all of my music files. The folder is less that 2Gb in size and the DVD is able to store 4.7 Gb. I have tried different disk brands and have tried unchecking "Enable CD Recording" in the drive Properties>Recording, but no joy. I have tried different burner software ( Power2Go, Nero, Deepburner and currently CD Burner XP Pro 3), and the messages have been either "There is no Media in the Drive" or "No supported media Type. Please insert a writable CD-R/RW or DVD-RRW disk". Properties on the drive shows the disks as full when they are brand new and empty. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this please? I am using XP SP2 on a TINY system with a pentium 4 processor 3 ghz, 1023 MB memory, 180Gb hard disk. I have tried reducing the write speed from fastest to x8.

Geoff

Advertisements

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Are you trying to create a "music CD"? If so that will not work. You must create a data CD.

Geoff47

Geoff47

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you. So simple. I was, and now you tell me, it is clear that i shouldn't have been. The data disk option has worked immediately. I am most grateful.

Geoff

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Glad to have helped :tazz: