Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Sound Issues

• Please log in to reply

rossko_uk

rossko_uk

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Whenever my computer automatically goes into standby, or hibernation, whenever I log back in all the sound is wrong, and is juttery and at a higher pitch. It's very annoying when trying to listen to music, because I have to turn off my computer and start again, as restarting does not fix it. Is there anything I can do?

Any help would be great, thanx guys!

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Hello and welcome to GeekstoGo!

Try updating your sound drivers. If your are not sure what your drivers are, please download Everest Home Edition, found just below my signature. Run a hardware report then post a HTML attachment.

rossko_uk

rossko_uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
ok thanx, will do that when I'm at home tonight. thanx for such a speedy reply!! :tazz:

Also is the hardware report a button to click in the software or something else?

Edited by rossko_uk, 13 June 2005 - 06:29 AM.

rossko_uk

rossko_uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
I think this is all you need to know but if there is something else just let me know. Thanx for all your help!

Attached Files

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
go to

http://h10025.www1.h...4&dlc=en&os=228

--------------------------------------------------------------------

choose
ADI SoundMax Audio Driver for Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP (NVIDIA Systems)

01-2003 5.12.01.3529 - 18.42M

--------------------------------------------------------------------

NVIDIA Graphics Driver for Windows

11-2002 31.50 A » Version
8.74M

------------------------------------------------------------------
and especially this

» Microsoft Windows XP Fix for Standby/Resume Error

rossko_uk

rossko_uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Thanx alot, I will do all that tonight when I'm at home. If I were to post everything that my computer has can you tell what needs to be upgraded and tell me or not? Because that would be really helpful!! Thanx alot for your help!

O.K., I've done that, but now it seems that the little icons in the quick launch bar have got little jagged edges around them and some of the clarity seems to have been lost. Do I need to update more stuff? Here is a full list of everything on my computer. Thanzx for your help :tazz:

Attached Files

Edited by rossko_uk, 15 June 2005 - 07:00 AM.