Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics glitches on Windows 7 and then after Windows Vista got too. [

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

User Returned.

Advertisements

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

I received and reviewed your hives, thank you. Please do the following. Make certain you are in Windows Vista while working with me. Thank you.

Step#1 - FRST Fix
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system
1. Download attached file and save it to the Desktop. Attached File  fixlist.txt   626bytes   207 downloads
Note. It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work (in this case...the desktop).
2. Run FRST by Right-Clicking on the file and choosing Run as administrator.
3. Press the Fix button just once and wait. If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
4. When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post the contents of it in your reply.

henrymills

henrymills

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Fix result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x86) Version:23-08-2015
Ran by MyEminence (2015-08-24 18:14:20) Run:3
Running from C:\Users\MyEminence\Desktop
Loaded Profiles: MyEminence (Available Profiles: MyEminence & Marcus & Tempo)
Boot Mode: Normal

==============================================

fixlist content:
CreateRestorePoint:
R2 HFGService; C:\windows\System32\HFGService.dll [411136 2007-08-14] (CSR, plc)
S3 csr_a2dp; C:\windows\System32\drivers\bthav.sys [48128 2010-12-22] (Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited)
c:\program files\csr
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cambridge Silicon Radio]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{5558A25A-B790-48EF-BBA4-0D3BBE4FF1D0}]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\HarmonyCpl.DLL]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E968B24F-0519-471b-879B-08C930C76C8B}]
CMD:REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Cpls" /v Harmony
EmptyTemp:

Error: (0) Failed to create a restore point.
HFGService => Service stopped successfully.
HFGService => service removed successfully.
csr_a2dp => service removed successfully.
c:\program files\csr => moved successfully
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cambridge Silicon Radio => could not remove at first attempt (ErrorCode: C0000121), see next line.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cambridge Silicon Radio => key removed successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{5558A25A-B790-48EF-BBA4-0D3BBE4FF1D0} => key removed successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\HarmonyCpl.DLL => key removed successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E968B24F-0519-471b-879B-08C930C76C8B} => could not remove at first attempt (ErrorCode: C0000121), see next line.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E968B24F-0519-471b-879B-08C930C76C8B} => key removed successfully.

========= REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Cpls" /v Harmony =========

Delete the registry value Harmony (Yes/No)? The operation completed successfully.

========= End of CMD: =========

EmptyTemp: => 10.8 GB temporary data Removed.

The system needed a reboot.

==== End of Fixlog 18:27:51 ====

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Let me know if Windows Vista is working properly now.

henrymills

henrymills

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

At first the pc is hanging then I got this message 15080087_zpshqwjov7e.jpg

So I open the PC Case,remove CMOS battery for 5 minutes,reseat the 2 RAM Stick,then reopen checking if it work like what i read online and its fine now.Then when I run Windows Vista it hanged,so I restart and loggedin on Windows 7 and its fine.I stayed on Windows 7 for 5 minutes to check if it will hang and it didn't though the graphics glitch problem is still there.Then I reloggedin on Windows Vista again but this time I was able to enter.Then i tried playing a Naruto PC Game and it still has glitches and blinking like you can see here

http://vid1343.photo...zps6dgjbyvz.mp4 until it crash and restarted.I loggedin again to Vista and was able to enter then everything hanged again.Its not like this before.

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

While logged into Vista, please do the following.

SFC Scan

• Click on the Start Start%20Orb.jpg button and in the search box, type Command Prompt
  • When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
  • When command prompt opens, copy and paste the following commands into it, press enter after each

sfc /scannow

Wait for this to finish before you continue

copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log %userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt
  • This will create a file, cbs.txt on your Desktop. Please attach this to your next post.

Please Note:: if the file is too big to upload to your next post please upload via a service such as Dropbox or One Drive or SendSpace and just provide the link.

henrymills

henrymills

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Here's the cbs.txt

Attached Files

• Attached File  cbs.txt   329.6KB   154 downloads

Edited by henrymills, 27 August 2015 - 04:05 AM.

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Let's run a chkdsk on Vista.

Step#1 - ChkDsk Scan
1. Click your Start Orb in the lower left of your computer and type cmd in the search box.
2. Once the cmd program is found, right-click on it with your mouse and select Run as administrator as shown below.
ElevateCommandPrompt.JPG
3. Answer Yes when asked to allow.
4. You should now have a black window open that you can type in to.
5. Please type chkdsk and then press enter.
6. Chkdsk will start to run. Please allow it to finish. You will know it is running when you see text as follows.
Chkdsk.JPG

7. Download ListChkdskResult.exe by SleepyDude and save it on your desktop. If it's already downloaded to your desktop, just skip this step.
8. Right-click this file and select Run as administrator (Allow if prompted) and a text file will open (and also be saved on the desktop as ListChkdskResult.txt).
    Please copy the contents of this file and paste into your next post.

henrymills

henrymills

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

When I run ListChkdskResult.exe I get this error message 15080103_zpsv9cv077j.jpg

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts
Thanks for the screen shot. It looks like your filesystem has issues that need to be correct which is what I suspected. Please do the following. It looks similar to the one above but is slightly different. Like always, please ensure that any critical data is backed up.

Step#1 - ChkDsk Repair
1. Click your Start Orb in the lower left of your computer and type cmd in the search box.
2. Once the cmd program is found, right-click on it with your mouse and select Run as administrator as shown below.
ElevateCommandPrompt.JPG
3. Answer Yes when asked to allow.
4. You should now have a black window open that you can type in to.
5. Please type chkdsk /R and then press enter. Note: There is a space after the command chkdsk and before the forward slash
6. You will get a prompt telling you chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use. Answer Y and hit enter to schedule the run at next boot.
7. Reboot your computer and chkdsk will run. Let it complete please.
Let me know when this is complete.

Advertisements

henrymills

henrymills

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

How do I ensure any critical data is backup?System restore?

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

There are several ways. One is to plug in a USB drive and manually copy all of your critical files to it. Or you can do it in a more automated way. Link below may help.

http://windows.micro...s#1TC=windows-7

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

User Returned.

henrymills

henrymills

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Ive finished backing up and running chkdsk /R. I tried running ListChkdskResult.exe but it still give the same vbscript.encode error.What do I do now?Also while backing up i needed to run Puppylinux to copy files wth long names which Windows restrict,and I've tried playing HD videos on it with VLC media player and I notice there's no graphics glitches.I just thought you might want to know.Thanks for continuously helping me.