Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 update failures

Best Answer 6stringer , 24 August 2015 - 03:30 PM

Thought I would update this thread because last night I was finally able to successfully install KB 2952664 and KB3035583 after many months of trying everything I could find written on line about t... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

6stringer

6stringer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
✓  Best Answer

Thought I would update this thread because last night I was finally able to successfully install KB 2952664 and KB3035583 after many months of trying everything I could find written on line about these codes. Let me say up front that I am not advocating anyone else do it this way,but in desperation I used a pc repair tool from tweaking.com. I am normaly averse to any of these programs but I had read elsewhere that this program worked for another person who was having the same trouble as I was,so before doing a clean install I figured why not give it a shot.

It took a few hours to run through the entire repair sequence but as soon as it was finished I was able to install the two updates via Windows Updates. As soon as they installed successfully the Windows 10 icon appeared in the task bar,which of course would never happen unless the KB3035583 update was installed.I can't help but wonder if all of this was the result of the major infection problem I had many months ago?

Anyway,just wanted to thank Ztrucker for the advice and many suggestions as I tried to work thru this ordeal. It's been quite a ride to say the least.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Windows Repair All-In-One from Shane at tweaking.com is an excellent program. Glad it helped fix your problem.

Let him know, I'm sure he'd be glad to hear about it.