Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox removal

• Please log in to reply

Janis

Janis

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Not being observant,  I allowed firefox to update on an XP machine.  The current download is totally unusable for the visually impaired.  How do I eradicate it and get a copy of the old firefox, believe it was 24.8.1 ,  and get it installed?

Edited by Janis, 26 April 2015 - 07:30 AM.

Advertisements

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
Try removing it from control panel and then go here for previous versions. I implore you to upgrade your machine as support for Microsoft Windows XP has been terminated. Please, read Windows XP - The Elephant In The Room for more information.

Regards,
Valinorum

Janis

Janis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Thanks but upgrading will lose all programs designed for the blind and visually impaired that only work on XP> 

Glen Fiddich

Glen Fiddich

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

You can get the older versions of Firefox from here: Old Apps http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php

You will need to scroll down nearly to the bottom of the page to get it. Look for Firefox 24.0 ESR link.

Janis

Janis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Thank you

Glen Fiddich

Glen Fiddich

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Thank you

Your welcome...