Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Freezes with a Buzzing noise (Solved)

Best Answer Rajiv Soler , 03 July 2015 - 05:59 AM

Not heard back from you Rajiv Soler, is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.Yes 2 days back it got resolved after i changed my ram !! Thanks a lot guys for the help you can... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Rajiv Soler

Rajiv Soler

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

I ve been having this issue lately after fitting in a new processor and a GPU , It just crashes at random times and sometimes it works like a charm .I ran the FunMark test for 16 mins And the results are :
Min temp : 39 degree c 
Max temp : 88 degree c
Avg FPS : 43 
My specs :-
Processoor AMD Fx6300 3.5Ghz
GPU : MSI GTX 560ti 2 Gb
Ram : 4GB DDR3
Motherboard : Asus m5a78l-m lx v2

appreciate your help in advance 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:   Rajiv Soler,

Possible causes include overheating and/or driver issues.

Were you previously using another add on video card or the MBs integrated video chip.

The Furmark results only tell us the GPU temps which are ok but any other item or items of hardware could be overheating

Can you post the brand and model name or number for the PSU please.

Download Speedfan and install it.  Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.  The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.

If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

speedfan.png

(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

Download then run HWMonitor and post a screenshot so that we have a comparison to the Speedfan results, details from here

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:welcome: Rajiv Soler.

When you say "crashes" do you mean an application stops working, a BSOD, computer unresponsive or shut down, then nothing?

Was the CPU an upgrade?  Are you using the stock heatsink/fan that was supplied?   Did you alter the TIM in any way?

You may have a overheating issue, but could be another problem, RAM or PSU.

Please have a read of this topic, expand the link by damric. you can then report your temps. > http://www.tomshardw...-core-temp.html

Test your RAM, I use the more thorough Mamtest86  >  http://www.online-te...for-bad-memory/

Please give the brand/model of your PSU. 

Edit.

I was a bit late and behind Phillpower2's post, so sorry some questions are repeated. 

Rajiv Soler

Rajiv Soler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Thank You for the reply guys !
My PSU is Corsair GS600 

I ran a memtest and had 0 errors 
I used to record my ctemps of CPU while gaming and it was maximum about 58 degrees and its summer here too . And yes i use stock fan .

there is one more thing . My Windows Experience Index is also not able to rate my pc due to some hardware device or driver not being responsive .
I ve attached the required images. 
Thank You again .

Attached Thumbnails

• Speedfan.jpg
  • hwmonitor.jpg

Rajiv Soler

Rajiv Soler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

:welcome: Rajiv Soler.

When you say "crashes" do you mean an application stops working, a BSOD, computer unresponsive or shut down, then nothing?

Was the CPU an upgrade?  Are you using the stock heatsink/fan that was supplied?   Did you alter the TIM in any way?

You may have a overheating issue, but could be another problem, RAM or PSU.

Please have a read of this topic, expand the link by damric. you can then report your temps. > http://www.tomshardw...-core-temp.html

Test your RAM, I use the more thorough Mamtest86  >  http://www.online-te...for-bad-memory/

Please give the brand/model of your PSU. 

Edit.

I was a bit late and behind Phillpower2's post, so sorry some questions are repeated. 

It just freezes with a buzzing noise . Yes i upgraded my CPU from amd phenom II x2 560 to fx6300

And i ve given the other details in my other reply and thank you for replying to my issue .

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Thanks for the updates.

"Were you previously using another add on video card or the MBs integrated video chip.?"

Both monitors are not seeing the voltage rails.   Please download HWiNFO64 scroll the opened window to display the 12v 5v, 3,3v rails, upload a screenshot. > http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

As you have changed the CPU, we need to make sure that you do not neeed a BIOS update, > http://www.asus.com/...2/HelpDesk_CPU/

To find your BIOS version,

> click Start, > Click Run, in the box that opens, > copy and paste the bolded text, cmd > click OK.

The Command Prompt  window will open. > at the flashing cursor, > copy and paste the bolded text, wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion  > press enter.

The result line shows your BIOS version. 

Rajiv Soler

Rajiv Soler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Ive posted the screenshot and the bios version !! M not sure if i need an update my version is fr fx6350 but i have 6300 ! And I ve not used any add on video cards . I mean if it means using 2 cards at once . If thats not it I dont know. Plz explain and ill tell about it .

Attached Thumbnails

• hwinfo.jpg
  • bios.jpg

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

With regards to graphics question.   A mistake on our part as the AMD Fx6300 CPU does not contain integrated graphics, So the question now is, after installing the FX CPU, did you then install the GTX 560ti?

An update to your BIOS may be beneficial to your overall performance, but not essential.   Also not a good idea at the moment as your system is not stable and a crash during the update, could cause further problems.  

The +12v rail from the PSU shows as low, out of specs, this could be the issue with the crashes.

Have you access to, or can you borrow a known working PSU?

When the buzzing starts, can you tell from apox where it is coming from? 

Rajiv Soler

Rajiv Soler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

With regards to graphics question.   A mistake on our part as the AMD Fx6300 CPU does not contain integrated graphics, So the question now is, after installing the FX CPU, did you then install the GTX 560ti?

An update to your BIOS may be beneficial to your overall performance, but not essential.   Also not a good idea at the moment as your system is not stable and a crash during the update, could cause further problems.  

The +12v rail from the PSU shows as low, out of specs, this could be the issue with the crashes.

Have you access to, or can you borrow a known working PSU?

When the buzzing starts, can you tell from apox where it is coming from? 

I installed the gtx 560ti first ! I did a clean re installation of video drivers too !!

Borrowing a PSU is pretty much impossible .
The buzzing noise comes frm my headphones .
EDIT : I Checked the event viewer it says event id 41 kernel-power !!

Edited by Rajiv Soler, 27 April 2015 - 09:29 PM.

Rajiv Soler

Rajiv Soler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Could this be a reason aswell ?!

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

event id 41 kernel-power is too general to point to a specific issue.

Re, Windows update, don't think it is related to this issue, but, it should be turned on.   I only want Windows to install important updates and not any other types, like drivers.

I set mine to, important updatye, download and install automatically, no other options ticked.

We cn try other options, but you may eventually have the PSU tested.

When you did a clean before installing the GPU driver, did you use DDU, > http://www.guru3d.co...r-download.html Please run the reliabilty moniter and look for a recurring critical event, > http://www.makeuseof...bility-monitor/

Rajiv Soler

Rajiv Soler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

So i Did a clean re installation of all my games os softwares !! ANd now m getting a BSOD !!
with this info 

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode: 124
  BCP1: 0000000000000000
  BCP2: FFFFFA8004E754B8
  BCP3: 0000000000000000
  BCP4: 0000000000000000
  OS Version: 6_1_7601
  Service Pack: 1_0
  Product: 256_1

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

I am not the best at reading Dump files and am asking another member to look in.   Can you follow the instructions below, the next BSOD should have these additional lines at the end,

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\082910-38250-01.dmp

How to collect the minidump file

=========================

1. Click "Start", input "SYSDM.CPL" (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press “Enter”.
2. Switch to the "Advanced" tab and click the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery". 
3. Under "Write debugging information" section, make sure the "Small memory dump (128KB)" option is selected. 
4. Make sure "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" is in the "Small dump directory" open box and click “OK”.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

What operating system?

Zip any .dmp files in C:\Windows\Minidump then upload here and attach top your next reply.

I'll take a look and see what may be the cause.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Have you solved your problem?   An update would be appreciated.

Thanks.