Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ReDirects in Fire Fox plus computer runs slower...

• Please log in to reply

Goggleplex-Googleplex

Goggleplex-Googleplex

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

I'm continually getting messages in Fire Fox saying that "FF has blocked this page from redirecting you to another page."  I couldn't remember the exact words so I tried to get the redirect message again for this post but couldn't!

At one point, I started a boot-time scan in AVAST.  I never did one before so when it was taking a very long time, (it was on 38% forever), I aborted the scan and went to read some more on redirects I think). 

I downloaded RKill, and it told me it couldn't edit the HOST FILE, and I should download and run a program to unlock that file.  I ran that program, (can't remember the name), and I also ran GRANTPERM to try and unlock the file.  But the file RKill still complains that it can't edit the HOST FILE. 

I'm really not sure what om doing here.  Om just doing the best I can to keep my system running properly.  I'm only a YELLOW-BELT GEEK though!  :)  And om not really playin' with a full deck here either!  Severe dyslexia plus very poor eyesight hobbles me a lot. 

I'm also an Asperger... which for many people, presents as a super-power but in my case, all my other brain problems only gum up the works. 

Anyway, as an Aspergers person, I don't do well when something is implied.  Any answers I get here need to be pretty literal, with every step clearly stated, (if possible).  1. Do this!  2. Do that!  Etc., etc. . 

Any help with this will be very much appreciated.  :)

Advertisements

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

I'm continually getting messages in Fire Fox saying that "FF has blocked this page from redirecting you to another page."  I couldn't remember the exact words so I tried to get the redirect message again for this post but couldn't!

Are you still getting these messages?