Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google search result titles shorter?

• Please log in to reply

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Today when I searched on Google, I noticed the titles of my results weren't as detailed as previously.  I hadn't changed any settings etc, but don't know why it's different all of a sudden.  It's ONLY this way when I'm logged into my Google account and searching.  If I log out (or use Incognito browser, btw I use Chrome) it gives me the detailed result titles.  Attached are 2 pictures of the same search, one on Incognito and one on normal with my account logged in.

Browser:  Google Chrome Version 42.0.2311.90 m

1.png
2.png

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

not sure why it has any effect if you're logged in to google or not, but it seems as though it's a google thing to make searches more efficient? they're modifying the page titles based on how they think they should look compared to the site's title tags in the actual code.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Is there any setting perhaps that can make it look "normal"t o me again?  I really prefer the extended search result titles, and this literally just started happening yesterday,  :(