Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! I need a new TV right away!

TV refurbished smart tv roku

• Please log in to reply

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

I need help purchasing a Smart TV with Roku.  I know nothing about a smart TV, and was looking at the refurbished ones at Walmart.  I found a 47" VIZIO on the Walmart website for $362, but it has since been sold out.  I want a reliable brand and at least 42" (preferably 47" +).  I need to have one with Roku installed and wall mountable.  I don't know of all the reputable sources out there for ordering Smart TVs, so that is why I thought of ordering from Walmart and then picking it up there, so I can check the shipping content for packing, etc.

I would prefer to buy online and have it shipped to a local store so that I can check to see nothing is broken and all parts are there.  But if the price is right, and it is a reputable business....I would consider other sources.

I know absolutely nothing about Smart TVs, but I DO know that I would like one that holds all the Apps like the external Roku, has a *Care Plan*, and not over $400.  I will be mounting it, so it will need to be mountable plus at least 3 HDMI ports.  The screen quality is important, as it is for my aunt and uncle who are in their 70s.  Or should I just go with a high resolution TV and an external Roku?

If anyone can help me find a good quality Smart TV with Roku for a reasonable price.......I would be MUCH obliged.

Thanks guys!!   :wave:

Edited by BeachBumBum, 28 April 2015 - 10:44 AM.

Advertisements

SimmyLarry

SimmyLarry

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I can recommend you this Samsung Smart TV . The picture quality is very good, the TV is FullHD (1080p), has 3 HDMI ports, has integrated WiFi and behaves well when surfing the web.

It is a bit over your price range..it costs about 500$ but it is worth it,  I own one and also stream movies from my PC and it looks stunning on its screen.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

vizio is a really good brand. I have one at home, and several at work and they last a long time. they're really good for the price. I don't know of any that have "roku" built in (I don't know of any tvs that have roku built in)...but the smart apps on vizio have most of the same main channels (youtube, Netflix, hbo, etc..)

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Thanks guys.  The Samsung is out of my price range, and yes I do like VIZIO, but I am having trouble finding the right TV with the right price.  I need Roku built in.  If not, then it has to be cheaper so that my aunt can purchase a Roku with the TV.  I also would like to purchase from an online source that has a good return policy.