Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer restarts and crashes

• Please log in to reply

carldixon

carldixon

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hi I have a custom built computer that always restarts when I play a demanding game graphics wise... but recently it has started freezing completely just when its running. Its a 6 core processor  AMD fx tm - 6200. 16 gb ram 64 bit operating system. The fan is also really loud any help would be great. I just don`t want to get ripped off by going to a shop and them charging me more than the computer costs, I would just like to maybe find out the problem then have it seen to.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:welcome:    carldixon,

Classic signs of overheating, if you are overclocking please stop while we troubleshoot the issue/s.

Please provide information about your other computer hardware, include the brand and model name or number for the MB, add on video card if one is used, the case, and the PSU (power supply unit) .

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

carldixon

carldixon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hi I have a custom built computer that always restarts when I play a demanding game graphics wise... but recently it has started freezing completely just when its running. Its a 6 core processor  AMD fx tm - 6200. 16 gb ram 64 bit operating system. The fan is also really loud any help would be great. I just don`t want to get ripped off by going to a shop and them charging me more than the computer costs, I would just like to maybe find out the problem then have it seen

Classic signs of overheating, if you are overclocking please stop while we troubleshoot the issue/s.

Please provide information about your other computer hardware, include the brand and model name or number for the MB, add on video card if one is used, the case, and the PSU (power supply unit) .

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

Hi thanks for the quick response its a custom made pc and I dont overclock as far as Im aware. and yes I thought that it would be overheatng where would I get the specs you require?

carldixon

carldixon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

TIP

I have had a look inside and the power supply is a templarius imperator 650... and the mother board is a ultra durable tm 4 Gigabyte model.. the graphics card is Nvidia Geforce.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

TIP

Just a polite reminder and no need to quote every reply  ;)

If you do not know the hardware details with the exception of the PSU you can use Speccy, for the PSU you will need to take off the side of the case and check for a sticker like the one in the attachment below, the computer must be fully disconnected from the power outlet/s when you do this and at no time should you reach inside the case.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

You are welcome btw  :)

carldixon

carldixon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Ok here is the specs,,,, http://speccy.pirifo...rAQJMLzLi8FgY0m   

carldixon

carldixon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

sorry here is the right readings forgot to put my other ram stick back in ! http://speccy.pirifo...YwmivSCPg7hnMTH

carldixon

carldixon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Im just monitoring the cpu temp and even when im not doing anything on the pc its slowly rises past 60-70% if that helps?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Thanks for the Speccy url  :thumbsup:

I have not gone right through the Speccy results just yet as I spotted something that needs to be sorted straight away, it may be responsible for the issue/s but then again it may not be.

You have two AV programs running at the same time, this does not make a computer more secure in fact quite the opposite as the two will conflict as they fight for system resources, this can lead to you having no AV at all and stability issues, Avast and MSE are both good free AVs but you must decide on one and uninstall the other.

You replaced a stick of Ram but have not post your PSU details for us, can you do this when you next reply.

Need to pop out shortly but will be back in around an hour or so and will go right through Speccy then.

Those temps are hot for an idle computer but do the above for us until I get back please.

NB: If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page)  thank you for understanding.

Antivirus

avast! Antivirus
Antivirus: 
Enabled
Company Name: 
AVAST Software
Product Version: 
Virus Signature Database: 
Up to date

Microsoft Security Essentials
Antivirus: 
Enabled
Company Name: 
Microsoft
Product Version: 
Virus Signature Database: 
Up to date

carldixon

carldixon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

http://www.techhyper...erator650-4.PNGthats the cpu sticker... and I have now uninstalled avast... Hope this helps, thankyou for your help so far much appreciated.

Advertisements

carldixon

carldixon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

this cpu temp goes from 50 to 80 then turns off within 5 mins? Im stumped

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
NB: If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page)  thank you for understanding.

Your processor is being fried as the computer should shut down if the CPU reaches 70°C, the voltage to the processor is around the max which is 1.4125V and this could be the cause.

Can you as asked post your case details so that we can check how many cooling fans it may have.

That is not a very good brand of PSU and Speccy reports the voltages as being way below what they should be, the readings do need to be confirmed if at all possible as in if the computer will stay on long enough, the following software will not be helping and you should go into the Power Plan settings and select the Balanced option;

Power Profile
Active power scheme: 
JetBoost Power Plan

Voltage
CPU CORE: 
1.416 V
MEMORY CONTROLLER: 
1.476 V
+3.3V: 
2.088 V
+5V: 
2.722 V
+12V: 
7.728 V
-12V: 
(4.944) V
-5V: 
(8.928) V
+5V HIGH THRESHOLD: 
2.843 V
CMOS BATTERY: 
1.656 V

carldixon

carldixon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

The case details? its a custom made  computer from UK Gaming wil it still have them inside the computer? and ive taken jet boost off and switched it to balanced mode

carldixon

carldixon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Ive been monitoring the temp again and it went from 42 to 60 a bit slower but still overheating again 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Can you please stop double posting and use the edit button as asked and explained as to why it should be used, thanks.

The drop in temps is a step in the right direction but more still needs to be done;

The MBs default factory settings need to be selected in the BIOS, do you know how to do this.