Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc system freezing upon starting computer

• Please log in to reply

guyver1

guyver1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
this is my first time doing this so any info from anyone would be helpful. thank u :tazz: i have a dell dimentions 3000 which was working perfectly earlier on until I tried to switch it off. it wouldnt allow me to do that. so being stupid I switched it of the mains.
and now when i try to switch it on it freezes on the main screen. the mouse icon works but it doesn't allow me to click on anything else. could anyone help. thank u ;)

Advertisements

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
See if you can boot into Safe Mode (switch on the computer and keep tapping the F8 key, a menu should appear. Use the keyboard arrow keys to select Safe Mode and press Enter).
Once in Safe Mode, you should be able to use System Restore to restore your system to a condition before the problem began. (see Windows Help for further info on System Restore).