Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Homepage Problem

• Please log in to reply

sassy

sassy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz:

When I click on IE my address bar says http://www.updatesearches.com/ and when I go to tools and internet ops my homepage says about:blank. I have tried to change my homepage but it wont let me. Now I know for you computer swavey people this problem seems minor compaired to some things you have had to deal with. For me someone who is computer illiterate it kindof seems complicated. Never had this problem before and would very much appreciate learning how to take care of it especially if it ever occures again. Also whatever address I type in it always redirects me to updatesearches. I know you can send a computer log file in for review. I have seen them before but am not sure how to do it.

In advance thank you for your time,

Sassy

Edited by sassy, 13 June 2005 - 10:06 AM.

Advertisements

merlin811

merlin811

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
You have spyware on your computer,do you have any kind of anti spyware software installed?if not scroll to the top of this page & click on spuware removal & run the software it should remove everything if not post again & we'll give you more help. :tazz:

Edited by merlin811, 13 June 2005 - 11:42 AM.

• Pip
  • 9 posts
i think you have somthink simler to what i had, i got a virus called "Trojan horse startpage 19 j" and it kept on going to the about blank page and every time i opened up the internet broser a message appeared saying virus detected Trojan horse startpage 19 j found. my anti-virus could not delete but i found it. to cut a long story short i ended up manualy deleting it. then i re-formated my hard drive which you DON'T have to do!

it might be the same prob but i doubt it, things like this are never that simple.

let me know if this is what you had? just post a message below mine. i'll keep a eye out for your message.

:tazz: