Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SD Card Corrupted - Help Please!

Best Answer phillpower2 , 17 June 2015 - 11:49 AM

Good to hear that you have had some significant success with the data recovery and a job well done on your behalf for that   TBH Im not sure that I would use the same SD card after what y... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Sorry to hear that the update is not better news  :(

Cant be 100% certain what has happened but is it possible that the downloaded images have somehow been changed to another format, have you checked their properties. TIFF is best quality but JPEG the most commonly used.

Advertisements

Gregg123

Gregg123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Another Update! So, I contacted EaseUS and they offered to give me a remote session to try to solve the problem. What I learnt from the email was how to upload the Archive I saved when I did the original recover. Anyway, it was totally corrupted. So, I tried again from scratch - bottom line this time it worked!! Apart from a few small issues, basically I got everything back!

Thanks so much!

A couple more small questions before I close this thread. First, the SD card is now showing a couple of files - which I cannot open...and cannot delete! (I tried Unlocker). Any ideas how to remove these....then what should I do Format the thing before I use it again?

Also, the Videos have been recovered - but you can't see them, there is some just very bad audio. Anything I can do?

Cheers

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
✓  Best Answer

Good to hear that you have had some significant success with the data recovery and a job well done on your behalf for that :thumbsup: 

TBH Im not sure that I would use the same SD card after what you have just gone through, something corrupted the data on it and if you are sure that you were not low on free storage space on the card then it may be the card itself failing.

Your EaseUS software most likely has the "recover video" option but if not try their free version from here  if no luck then I'm not sure if there is anything else that can be done  :(

You are welcome btw  :)

AtsushiWhelan

AtsushiWhelan

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I experienced such problem last year. it's hard to recover data from the memory card, as it might get physical problem.

file recovery software only works to logical issues