Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

PC fan not responding press f1

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi I upgraded the bios to a newer version. Now when I boot the pc at the begining when it says bios says pc fan not responding press F1 to bypass. The fan in question which is the fan on the motherboard work fine (even when the error pops on in the start). I have 4 fans on the case all work great. Thats the only info I have fan error pops up at the start of the pc booting when the bios loads.

Thanks for any ideas.

XP PRO SP2 Seagate 7200 240gig drive

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Have you checked the motherboard manufacturers web page for information on this problem? That would be a good place to start. If you don't find an answer there, come back with more information, such as the make and model number of the motherboard.