Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PS3 stuck on loading screen GTA 5

gta 5 ps3

• Please log in to reply

onawick3dnight

onawick3dnight

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi:) I am at my wits end with this issue and apparently so are alot of other people. My son has a ps3 and he had been playing GTA 5 online perfectly until.... some dude  my son called a "moder"??  drop bags of money out the sky , Im talking 30 million plus--- my son grabbed it all and then 2 days later ...his game gets stuck in the loading screen loop and will go no furthur. I have  read all the advice and tips online and nothing works. Anyone---please for the love of gamers tell me what to do so he will leave me be lol. I appreciate any tips.

Edited by onawick3dnight, 02 May 2015 - 12:39 PM.

Advertisements

Caliburn

Caliburn

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Right:

1. Go to your XMB and navigate to "Games"
  2. Go onto [Game Data Utility]
  3. Find the GTA V installation.
  4. Press Triangle and hit delete. This won't effect your Save Data nor online stats, it will only uninstall the game.
  5. Go onto your game, do any updates, and the game will reinstall the data.

I doubt it's anything to do with the modder, it's likely a corrupt install.

Please post back with any results/updates :)

onawick3dnight

onawick3dnight

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

hI:) thank you for answering me.... we just deleted the file you said to  delete and reinstalled the game--- when it got to the loading story mode it once again went into the loop as before.

Could it be a corrupt game file somewhere?

I appreciate your time11210351_837418232960765_90754171_n_zpsw

Edited by onawick3dnight, 03 May 2015 - 02:18 PM.

onawick3dnight

onawick3dnight

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

we have wiped his ps3 clean and set it back to factory default and installed GTA 5 again and now it get stuck on the screen below---  Im ready to throw the thing out the door!!

11227123_837511846284737_349587277_o_zps

its  the  white circle in the lower right hand corner that just keeps going around and around

Caliburn

Caliburn

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

As we've exhausted all the options, I can't help but think it's the disk itself.

Jackieboey

Jackieboey

• Pip
  • 3 posts

same with me but mines on the starting page its stuck loading i was sitting there for like 20 mins stareing at the circle please help its just staying on one screen the disk is also BRAND NEW so idk help