Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Red X appears

• Please log in to reply

tofu5

tofu5

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
When on the Internet(I use Internet Explorer) sometimes when I am on a site I click on a link, and I get a red X in a small box. In particular I am on a site for a cottage rental in France, they say Click here to see more pictures of the house. This only happens on certain sites. On ebay I can click to enlarge the picture and it does, but on this cottage rental site I click to enlarge the picture and the red X comes up again. Is this something about how the website is set up or is the problem on my end?

Nancy

Advertisements

merlin811

merlin811

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Nancy, all that is is the picture is no longer in the host file.In other words they either rented it (the house or apartment)and no longer are hosting the picture, or the hosting site they use is exceeding its monthly transfer rate.In either case there isnt anything wrong with your PC. :tazz:

Edited by merlin811, 13 June 2005 - 04:13 PM.

tofu5

tofu5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Whew. Thanks.