Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help of Trojan Horse Dropper Delf.4.AC

• Please log in to reply

Gregorio5520

Gregorio5520

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer has been clean for a while, i went to download and install Windows Media from their official site, ever since then i have once again been infected with this Help Installer. Its severely creating a pop up problem, as i get an average of 4 a minute...sometimes if i walk away from my computer for 10 mins i will have 35 IE explorer screens on my computer. I use Mozilla Firefox so i never conciously use IE to browse the internet.

I went to the source of it...and deleted everything that was in the falsely made "cache" file they mal-ware made to "fool" me. It deletes all the other tedious problems but leaves the main .exe in HelperInstall...When i delete it, it says it is being used by another program.

Any programs i can use to remove this?
If not how do i disable the prgoram from running so i can delete it?
Can anyone Help?

Edited by Gregorio5520, 13 June 2005 - 12:19 PM.

Advertisements

Gregorio5520

Gregorio5520

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
bump