Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having similar avledn.in malware problems on chrome

mac chrome osx malware avledn.in

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

quickasfoxes

quickasfoxes

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi there,

For the past 3-4 weeks, I've been having malware problems with chrome on my Mac running OS X. Neither AdwareMedic nor Sophos has been able to identify it. I hadn't been able to find anything on a general google search until this post showed up a couple days ago! It appears nearly identically to this user's experience, especially in that it starts a new tab and then reroutes through the avledn.in site before sending me to any number of different websites. I cannot predict which sites will cause the new, popup tab and rerouting.

I would have replied to his thread but am told I do not have permission.

What can I run on my computer to give you all adequate information to help diagnose and fix the problem?

Thank you in advance!

Advertisements

quickasfoxes

quickasfoxes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

help?

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts

Hello quickasfoxes and :welcome:

You are using an Apple MAC with the OSX operating system. I apologize but we won't be able to assist you here. This forum is for the Windows operating systems. Our tools weren't developed for MAC and won't run properly on the OSX operating system.

Maybe someone in the Apple OSX forum might be able to assist you. Please post your issue there.

Again, I'm sorry but we appreciate you giving a shot at it. Please let us know if we can help in any other way.

godawgs

quickasfoxes

quickasfoxes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thank you.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts

You are welcome. I see that you have posted in the Apple/OSX forum.

This topic will be closed.

Good luck.