Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ConfigFree Error

• Please log in to reply

pacheco2001usa

pacheco2001usa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just bought a laptop Toshiba and after I installed McAfee Privacy Service the following windows pop up:

error_1.JPG
"Create Socket WSAENETDOWN : A socket operation encountered a dead network"
OK
error_2.JPG
"Lister Erro"
OK
error_3.JPG
"Recv Socket InitConnect Error"
OK

I'm totally sure that is the McAfee Privacy Service that caused that because I uninstalled the Online service and the Privacy Service and Installed them individually.
I called the Toshiba technical support but the guy was a retardad that told me to format my computer, reinstall the application and don't install the McAfee Privacy Service that I pay $20 per year.
Does anybody know how to fix this?
Thank you!!!

Alex!!

Edited by pacheco2001usa, 13 June 2005 - 01:53 PM.

Advertisements

nubi

nubi

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I just bought a laptop Toshiba and after I installed McAfee Privacy Service the following windows pop up:

error_1.JPG
"Create Socket WSAENETDOWN : A socket operation encountered a dead network"
OK
error_2.JPG
"Lister Erro"
OK
error_3.JPG
"Recv Socket InitConnect Error"
OK

I'm totally sure that is the McAfee Privacy Service that caused that because I uninstalled the Online service and the Privacy Service and Installed them individually.
I called the Toshiba technical support but the guy was a retardad that told me to format my computer, reinstall the application and don't install the McAfee Privacy Service that I pay $20 per year.
Does anybody know how to fix this?
Thank you!!!

Alex!!

Me too! >Two like postings --Mine would make the 3rd-- I have found --both unanswered and posted a long time ago! hmmm.

Nubi

Edited by nubi, 13 January 2006 - 09:41 PM.