Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes with Multiple XP Users

• Please log in to reply

marauder

marauder

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

The XP SP2 machine used by my girlfriend and I at home has got multiple user accounts. I've recently installed iTunes - which incidentally is great.

However, the following 2 things are bugging me:

1) If one account is already logged in and running iTunes, switching to the other account (i.e. no logout) and attempting to load iTunes doesn't work. No error is given - the cursor simply switches to hourglass for a split second and everything carries on as normal. In order to load it, you have to switch to the other user and exit iTunes. Is there a way of avoiding having to do this?

2) I'd like us to each have our own music library, which is easy. However, ideally I'd like her to be able to play stuff from mine and vice versa. Is there a way of achieving this? I noticed there's a section for "Sharing" in Preferences, but this doesn't seem to achieve anything.

Thanks

Richard

Advertisements