Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing HD's

• Please log in to reply

bokgobalik

bokgobalik

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I stupidly was trying to install 98 SE on a different hard drive using my main system,
(another post) I removed both existing hd's and intalled a new one. I had a error message come up during install concerning my primary ide controller. I stopped the install and replaced my hd's. Now my BIOS shows no hd's attached, though it did boot up once. My two cdrom drives show as being on the secondary ide controller. Any ideas
as to repair my mistake ?

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
just to be clear, you didn't uninstall or re-install anything on the original hard drives right?

Now, assuming you haven't changed anything on the original drives, you should double check that the IDE cables that are connecting your two original hard drives to the mobo are all in tightly and that none of the pins on the drives and mobo are bent.

As for the two cd drives, did you change them around at all, or were they always on the secondary IDE channel?

--Chris