Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cable connections for 3 monitor laptop setup

laptop monitors cables

Best Answer phillpower2 , 10 May 2015 - 01:21 PM

marshman1113, Mini DisplayPort (Male) to VGA (Female) Adapter you connect the monitors male VGA cable connection to the adapters female port. TIPTo ensure that you... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

marshman1113

marshman1113

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am currently trying to connect 2 additional monitors, making 3 total including the laptop, to my Alienware m17. I am trying to find out the easiest combination of cables to accomplish this assuming it is even possible. On my laptop I have an HDMI and a mini displayport. One monitor has only a VGA in while the other has VGA and DVI. I am currently using an HDMI to DVI to use the latter monitor but I would like to try to use a cable to go from mini displayport to VGA for the other external monitor. What would be the easiest or cheapest way of getting both monitors as well as the laptop screen in an extended laptop?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
✓  Best Answer

:welcome:   marshman1113,

Mini DisplayPort (Male) to VGA (Female) Adapter you connect the monitors male VGA cable connection to the adapters female port.

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page.