Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP PRO CPU USAGE VERY UNSTABLE

• Please log in to reply

cgboy

cgboy

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
:D :D Here is the thing ever since i reinstall xp pro. When i start up my computer the cpu usage would boot up to 100 % for no reason the graph of the cpu usage just goes up and down like crazy and my computer becoming lagy and so on also thr RPC shuting down and all i have is 60 sec i think that the RPC thing is one of the pathch thing i need to install so i downloaded and guess waht i can't install it so what should i do with my computer...... :D :D :D also i try some stuff like deleting the SCVHOS.exe that i had been told was a bad exe..... :D :D OOO by the way i also try to reformat my computer by using xp boots disk for 5 times yes 5 times but the thing just keeps on coming back what should i do....someone plses help me out <_< :D :D

Edited by tazz1964, 10 February 2004 - 05:22 AM.

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi cgboy
welcome to geekstogo
I have edited your post due to the language that was used in it Please do not use any bad language in your post please where we do have some yonger members that do use the site.
Thank you

from what I get on your problem did you just reinstall XP?
<_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Click Here follow the instructions for a "clean install" of Windows XP (including deleting and installing the partition).

cgboy

cgboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Hi cgboy
welcome to geekstogo
I have edited your post due to the language that was used in it Please do not use any bad language in your post please where we do have some yonger members that do use the site.
Thank you

from what I get on your problem did you just reinstall XP?
:D

yes for like 5 times. <_< :D

cgboy

cgboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Click Here follow the instructions for a "clean install" of Windows XP (including deleting and installing the partition).

I think i did that already when i (reformat the computer using boot disk and reinstall xp pro 5)x5times......

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Just so I understand, you've removed the active partition and reinstalled Windows (5 times <_< ) and your problems still persist?

I see a couple options, you can perform a low-level format (writes all zero's to your hard drive), or we can work with you to try and remove the viruses that remain.

The best way to perform a low level format is to use the tool provided by the manufacturer (i.e. Maxtor has Maxblast, Seagate has SeaTools)

cgboy

cgboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I think my harddrive is Fuji, i am not too sure but how do i do it??

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Low level format utilities for Fujistsu hard drive:

http://www.fel.fujit....asp?L=en&CID=1

Download FJ-IDE Drive Initializer Utility

cgboy

cgboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I got like 2 hardvraves so when i use the Fuji thing would i also be deleting my other hd???

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Not if you select the correct partition/drive, but it would be a good idea to disconnect the ribbon cable from the other drive--then you won't be able to change anything on it. <_<

Advertisements

cgboy

cgboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
some how when i use that fjerase.exe the Primary port says IDE 0: Disk Error and i can't do any reasing to it... so how is there a error on my disk when i am using it???

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
did you disconnect the ribbon cable like Admin had said on the second hard drive?if you did are you sure you disconnect the slave and not your master harddrive?
<_<

cgboy

cgboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I am sure i took out the slave one because if i took out the master one i wouldn't be able to star my computer right..?

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
from what I'm getting reading the post is that Admin told you to lowlevel format your harddrive this is what i would have told you to do too. I have done this many times so what I will do is gave you a step by step on how I do it you have to know for sure that you do have two harddrives and not one that has 2 partitions on it or all data will be lost when you partition a harddriver in to two it will make it a c:/ and a other drive letter so it may look like you have two of them. the way to find out is to go to hardware setting and in device manager see if its one or two drivers. post back here what it shows in device manager in you disk drives.
<_<

cgboy

cgboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I am very sure i have tow hard drives because i bought the other one and installed, so whats the step to low formating??