Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No post boot start up with Biostar M7NCD

• Please log in to reply

liesauk

liesauk

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi please excuse me if I dont give enough information in the first post, I have waited and gone through every bit of advice i have seen regarding this problem.
Ok we are building a new pc. It has a M7NCD motherboard, we have put it together with one working stick of 256 ram, a brand new case with a 400w PSU. A new Cpu xp2000. And when we turn it on..the fans whirrr the graphics card fan works the case lights up. but there is no post beeps. nothing appears on the monitor. When the keyboard was attached that lit up for a second. We have took this whole unit into the kitchen took it appart and left it for half an hour. We took out the battery jumpers. but nothing. If i have missed anything out important please let me know.

We know that the mem and the graphics card work as we a have a spare pc to test bits on. im getting fustrated now on 2nd day build lol

this girl has nearly had enough :tazz:

helppppppp

liesa
xxx

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
You may have already checked this but I have to ask. Did you make sure that the memory that your using is compatable with your new motherboard. The stick may work perfectly but if the new motherboard requires a different type of memory than your old one it will not work, and from what you've told me, it sure sounds like a memory problem.

Also double check that the stick of memory is in Slot 1 of the motherboard (the layout should be in your instruction booklet that came with the MB.) Also, make sure that the motherboard does not require you to install memory sticks pairs.

--Chris

liesauk

liesauk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
"You may have already checked this but I have to ask. Did you make sure that the memory that your using is compatable with your new motherboard. The stick may work perfectly but if the new motherboard requires a different type of memory than your old one it will not work, and from what you've told me, it sure sounds like a memory problem.

Also double check that the stick of memory is in Slot 1 of the motherboard (the layout should be in your instruction booklet that came with the MB.) Also, make sure that the motherboard does not require you to install memory sticks pairs."

Yes thanks for the fast reply!
The memory is 256ddr ram 333mhz pc2700, which is ok for the mobo. The memory has been moved between the slots. But no config works. We have taken it outta the case and tried reboot. We have stripped it down to just the mobo the psu the cpu and the graphics card. but no sound nothing.

cries

liesa
xxx

liesauk

liesauk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Its 11.15pm here so i gonna drop this on its head, and hit the sack... shall log back in tomorrow to find the answer i been looking for!!

thanks again
liesa

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Well liesa it sounds like you pretty much followed this troubleshooter if not give it a read to see if anything helps.

You know the ram and video card are good and if you did everthing in the troubleshooter I would next try another psu.
if the psu is known working that only leaves the mobo or cpu so try this, make sure the case speaker is connected properly and remove the ram and start up, it should beep because the system can not find any usable memory if not in my experiance it usually indicates a bad mobo but on rare occasions it has been the cpu.

If the board beeps then my guess would be the cpu

Rick

liesauk

liesauk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes Rick thanks for the reply ;)
I did follow the trouble shooter before I came and posted as I thought it was a waste of resources if I found my answer there. Hubby has tried another mobo as we have 2 exactly the same.. but no joy. He is refusing to try the PSU as HE says, it is powering everything up.. the fans come on the internal lights for the case..the cd tray works etc etc... but here is the thing... on past builds we have had a wire for the internal speaker.. but we haven't came across one like that on here. we cant seem to see a small internal speaker anywhere? We have tried it without any sticks of ram and still no post beeps?
could it still be the psu if for 1. its brand new(i know that doesn't count for a lot sometimes) 2. it powers the graphics fan the cpu and the case lights and fan?

thanks again for help :tazz:

liesauk

liesauk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
a little bump as I am on my way home to deal with the pc from [bleep]......

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Your hubby is probably right but trying another psu if you have a spare is worth a shot because fans and drives work off the 12v rail and maybe the 3.3v or 5v is having problems.

I'll see if I can download your manual and look into the internal speaker.

Rick

liesauk

liesauk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks ever so much Rick, I would appreciate it.. we have to buy another cpu if we go down that route. will look forward to seeing what you think about the speaker :tazz:

liesa

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Pins 1 and 7 on the JPanel 1 are to connect a case speaker witch should have come with the case.

Can you tell me the exact ram you have your board only supports non ecc.

Rick

liesauk

liesauk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
its definately non parity we couldn't afford ecc ram lol
as regards the speakers , will check that out later when i get home from work.. i bet after all this it is the ruddy PSU

BillDozer

BillDozer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same exact problem as you are having... same mobo. I was attempting to replace my mobo and cpu with another mobo/cpu and once i got it to start running i coulnt get any video.

Now ive asked a few people some suggest to look at the jumpers as does that troubleshooter i have looked at. nvm what i had here i just learned of where the jumper is at and the cmos pins..

ive plugged my speaker wire back in but but it takes up 4 pins. I get no beeps this way still. I will try what the trouble shooter says to do..

i performed stage one of that tutorial but to no avail still the same.

I noticed that lieza stoped posting has she came to a resolution with her pc?

Edited by BillDozer, 04 July 2005 - 08:32 PM.