Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Converting to JPEG

• Please log in to reply

sandsol9

sandsol9

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am currently using an internet fax program. The fax images come as an attachment to an email in TIF format. In order to import these images into Paperport (used for our document archives), I must convert them to JPEG format. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is the default program used to open the attachments. When I save the file as JPEG it changes it from Landscape to Portrait and basically "squishes" the image to fit in portrait.

Is there anything I can do when converting to JPEG that will keep the image in landscape so the image is not distorted?

Thank you

Advertisements

unknownperhaps

unknownperhaps

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
wait do u mean you tried paint or what? because when i do it...paint keeps mine the same way and size...

Thing'e'

Thing'e'

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Try downloading the following standalone program. It allows TIFF to JPEG conversion.
http://www.etrusoft....phic-converter/

Chachazz

Chachazz

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
There are tons of image/graphics viewers(free) which will convert:

My #1 fav: FastStone Image Viewer

or the old standby: Irfanview