Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Primary Master and Slave...gone?

• Please log in to reply

gweiss

gweiss

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I came to my computer today, my old crappy 98 and found a blue screen of death. It said it was unable to write to the C drive, and proceeded to restart. I noticed that it was taking a very long time searching for the primary master and slave drive, and eventually found none at all. Is my computer dead?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Lots of little things can cause your computer not to work. The cmos battery can cause it to loose the settings, the voltage should be just over three volts, the power supply can go bad, used good power supplies are cheap and easy to install, and usually better made than cheap new ones. Dust on the CPU cooler can cause it to flake out when it runs for a while. Computers are modular and most any part except the motherboard is easy to replace. Many older computers are easily upgradable, and well supported by the manufacturers. :tazz: