Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE froze and writing a document or form problem (Resolved)

IE froze

Best Answer phillpower2 , 16 May 2015 - 02:35 PM

Hello Transit, Norton details acknowledged   Yours is not an isolated incident and a recent Windows update may be the cause, see thread here Can I ask if you have a system resto... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Select the restore point that is dated 4/14/2015, click the Next tab then follow the on screen instructions.

Advertisements

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

HI Phillpower2

Thanks for continue helping me with this, is not other way to fix this without do a restore point?  I know can be erase later if I want to, but what happen if I erase it later... first if the restore point work, and if I erase it later the problem come back?

Thanks again

Transit

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Hello Transit,

The idea of using a restore point is to see if you can return the computer to the good working condition that it was before you started having problems, they are basically a safety net for when things go wrong such as installing a bad update.

If the computer is ok after using the restore point you then install the missing updates one at a time to see if you can identify a particular update as the cause of the problem, quite often though the issue does not reappear, worth mentioning is that before you install any missing updates you should make sure that you create a new restore point first as this avoids you having to repeat the whole process again if you do encounter a bad update.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi, phillpower2

Thanks you for all you help and patience, well, after our last e-mail, the date that I show you disappear again...  just was last time I check 5/20/15, I was waiting to see if the date come back but they didn't.  I going to see if I can find or appear other date, to me do what you suggesting..

Thank you again for all you help

transit

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Transit,

You should have used the system restore point when it was first suggested, you have now lost the option to do so, restore points are saved until the disk space System Restore reserves is filled up, as new restore points are created the old ones are deleted and the last restore point that you had before the issue first became apparent has now been over written  :(

In order for us to be able to help you we need you to follow the suggested steps when they are put forward, if you are not happy to follow the guidance that is offered you only need to let us know and we will not be offended.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Phillpower2

Thanks you for you help..

not was that at all..  I was running the anti-virus and I forget do what you said..  the next day when I check it .. the restore point not was there.. 

I thank you for all you help with this post.. 

transit.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Hello Transit,

All may not be lost, can you post an updated screenshot of what System Restore points are available, be sure that you tick the Show more restore points box first. 

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi phillpower2

I get finally more restore point,  I did the one that was older, and I see the computer is working better. 

Thank you for all you help and effort to help me with this

Thanks again

Transit

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Hello Transit,

Thanks for the update which I am pleased to hear sounds like good news  :)

If we don't hear back from you we will consider the matter resolved and mark the thread accordingly, any further problems though you know where we are.

NB: For future reference, before installing any new software or updates etc always create a new restore point first  :thumbsup: