Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New firewall, help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

RezTor

RezTor

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

I have no idea which section I should put this topic but if I now misplaced it so can

Any administrator or moderator move this to the right section. I've been trying to get
my computer clean from viruses and I downloaded some virus protections that people on
this forum suggested and most of them have not found anything, I posted a thread on
this forum regarding this but it took more than a week before I got a response back.

I have read a lot of viruses that will be dangerous to my computer and I do not know if
I'm paranoid, but a close friend who I played with daily online decided to go against me 
and threatened me with inserting a keylogger on my computer and a RAT file (no idea what
that is) and he told me that he would be able to control my computer and see everything I do
on it, and all the information I have in my hard drive will be released everywhere and that
is precisely why I have been very worried about what will happen. I have not noticed anything
Yet, but you can not be on the safe side, but I have to get an answer from a knowledgeable so I know if he implanted something or not.

I read a little on various threads on this forum and they talked very much that you could
change the firewall on your computer to get a stronger defense against viruses such as these
but I stood clear that I would not download a new firewall if I already have one on my
computer and as good as I know I have a firewall with Windows and I have tried to get
an answer how to remove this firewall and then replace it with a new one but have not
found some good information about this and I have been very skeptical to do so I decided
to ask you guys exactly how to doing this when changing my firewall.

Kind regards, Phifen.

Advertisements

RezTor

RezTor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

I'm not asking for help with any malwares or viruses in this thread I'm asking for advise and help how I replace my firewall with a new one.

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
How many other topics you will start?

BrianDrab pointed to the signs of illegal software. As a general rule we do not help people with such.
http://www.geekstogo...y/#entry2501440

This topic is closed.