Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Satellite Broadband

• Please log in to reply

ftfk00

ftfk00

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Hello,

my broadband always seems very slow.

I have the dish on the garage in a clear line of sight,modem inside garage connected to devolo plug.

Tp link router about 30ft away inside house connected to another devolo powerline plug.

the isp says they test full speed to my connection but what i test inside is completely different.

what could my problem be?

i have tried taken away the plugs and running a cable from modem to router.With no difference.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Hello ftfk00,

Did it ever work/run faster than it currently does?  Let's see what kind of speeds you are currently getting.  Test your connection speed HERE by clicking Begin Test, let it run for a minute or two, and then there will be a Share Your Results button that will provide you with a web address (URL) to post back here for us to see the results!

Keep in mind that a "Broadband Connection" essentially just means it's not a dial-up connection (56k).  Satellite internet is rarely, if ever, close to speeds you would get with a cable or DSL connection.  If your internet has always been "slow", I'm afraid that may just be how it is.  :smashcomp:

ftfk00

ftfk00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Hello and thanks for replying.

Yes, it used to run faster,i changed my isp and since then it is running slow.

Nothing else has changed,same equipment,same package,just a different billing company.

I can't understand,this isp is suppose to be better.

if i call out one of their technicians it will cost me a small fortune.

what usually might go wrong?

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Let's see what kind of speeds you are currently getting.  Test your connection speed HERE by clicking Begin Test, let it run for a minute or two, and then there will be a Share Your Results button that will provide you with a web address (URL) to post back here for us to see the results!

^  Provide us with the Speed Test, please.

Is it a particular website that slow?  All web pages?  Can you name some examples of what pages aren't loading as quick as they used to?

You're welcome, by the way.  :happy:

Edited by Fusionbomb, 15 May 2015 - 05:48 PM.