Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitors go black randomly, can still hear programs.(Resolved)

Best Answer phillpower2 , 28 June 2015 - 09:30 AM

Enabling QFan results in CPU Fan errors when booting.   Aye noted that in your reply #36 and incorrectly thought that you had AI installed, I read the ASUS FAQ here and it says that... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,043 posts

Still no screen problems!

When you say that the fan is working fine does that include being able to control the rpms.

Where the BIOS errors are concerned, if the error is because you are using a different cooler the only way to resolve it would be a BIOS upgrade, ASUS are not likely to do this with a discontinued product so if there are no detrimental affects to your hardware you may need to learn to live with it, as a last resort you could contact BIOS Mods to see if they can help with providing an appropriate upgrade.

Advertisements

Trippster

Trippster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

I have the latest firmware available for my motherboard installed. Yes, the fans still spin appropriately based on temp. I think the motherboard just fails to retrieve the fan information on boot, hence the error. I set the motherboard to ignore the RPM so I don't get the error anymore. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,043 posts

Aye was aware of the BIOS Version: 0803 Date: 8/6/2012 information hence why I said that ASUS were unlikely to release an update for a discontinued product  ;)

You obviously keep a good check on your temps etc so your workaround while not ideal for you seems to be an appropriate solution.

Still no screen problems!