Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not sure if its windows 8.1 or other issue

• Please log in to reply

Ali2211

Ali2211

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi all, I currently have a sony vaio laptop that is only a year old.  About two weeks ago I started having issues with it freezing up and not running properly and I ran my vaio care and it found an issue with Norton so I fixed it and all was working fine until a few days ago (Friday) and it started to freeze up and become unresponsive again.  It ran updates that day so I think it must be something with the updates.  I tried to uninstall and reinstall norton again, but this time it is not working for me.  I have run all my antivirus and the vaio programs for finding issues and it cannot find anything wrong with the PC.  Please help, I'm getting so frustrated and use my laptop to work so it's very frustrating.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Do a System restore to before you installed the most recent Windows Updates, see if that fixes the problem.

Ali2211

Ali2211

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Okay thanks, also another question yesterday I noticed the NPX nearfield proximity had a little explanation mark beside it so I downloaded the fix and the explanation mark went away, well today it is showing it again.  Could that me causing the freezing of the computer?

Ali2211

Ali2211

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Do a System restore to before you installed the most recent Windows Updates, see if that fixes the problem.

d

So I did that and now it won't do anything including connect to the Internet.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Try an older restore point perhaps?