Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fans- all cooling

• Please log in to reply

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Hey guys, recently built a new machine with an
AOpen AK86-L
AMD 64 3400+
1 gig pc3200
280 gig hd
DVD+-RW
Aspire Black X-Dreamer
Asus GeForce 5700

I got some normal heatsink fan and (2) 80 mm fans that came with the case and bought a 120mm casefan for the back. I only have the heatsink and (1) 80mm fan on the side as well as the 120mm fan on the back and the processer is at around 41 degrees C and the case can climb up to about 94 F inside. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good fans- heatsink or case fans, more of the case fan because the heatsink isnt that bad, for any good way to quiet this thing down whether its a new fan or anything, I was thinking about a Fan Speed Card and such but i wanted to know of any other ways or products you guys can recommend...Thanks in advance :tazz:!

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi soxrok,

Here is the fan controller I use alot it will work wonders on the noise and has a good price and looks good to.

papst makes some of the best/quietest fans I have seen but the price, oowch, and I doubt you would need such exspensive ones if you get a controller.

heres another product I use I don't install it in every system rather have it around and stick its probe in tempary when I think I have a system that misreading temps witch is often.

The 41c cpu temp is good for stock cooling and the 94F or 34c for the case temp ain't bad either so I don't think you need anymore fans.

Rick

scrushmaster

scrushmaster

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
I would agree with doby. Don't go fan overboard unless your doing some serious overclocking.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 1,470 posts
had this one http://www.tigerdire...=674644&CatId=0 and it was a bit noisy, im trying to mod the fans and see if that works but im not very certain, i will take doby suggestion and pursue a controller,-- anyone have any good luck with water cooling?