Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power supply Question

• Please log in to reply

RickDees

RickDees

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Is it ok to not actually screw the PSU to my computer? Also someone wanna help me find a Micro Atx PSU? I have a HP 724c computer and my old PSU size is 5.9W x 3.4H x 3.9D

Advertisements

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Well nothing says you have to screw it to the case.

Have you looked on ebay for your psu, there are plenty on there

RickDees

RickDees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
What I mean is that, you know how there is a slot where you put ur PSU can i not put it there and just leave it outside?

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
You can put your psu whereever you want. the only reason it's inside the case is that it is unsightly outside and not very Aesthetic

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Agreed the computer will work fine with the psu outside the case till you find a new one or a way to mount it, just make sure when passing by you don't hook a wirer and give it a pull.

I currently have a new build with all hardware attached running on my test bench for sometime now because I haven't decided on the case I want yet

Rick

scrushmaster

scrushmaster

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Yeah it can be dangerous though because of the high ac wattage comming off the son of a @#%^. Just be careful i would not like to see you spill ur drink on it and end up dead.