Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for volunteer help developing navigation device for blind user

• Please log in to reply

NH4012

NH4012

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm working on designing and prototyping a body worn personal navigation system for blind users based on an Arduino Mega with mulitple sensors and a tactile "display" as an open source hardware/software system.   I have over half a century experience in analog electronics, but little digital, and no programming knowledge, so I'm looking for folks with expertise in Arduino, C++ programming, or 3D printing.   I'd prefer to find folks close enough to get together in southern New Hampshire but that may be difficult.  The followup project will be another device for disabled folks.

Advertisements

Paul bridgeman

Paul bridgeman

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Edited by Paul bridgeman, 20 May 2015 - 09:06 AM.

Paul bridgeman

Paul bridgeman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I have played with the pic micros in c and machine code but only looked at the arduino
A bit they have some interesting badge style cards
Have you thought about 3d printing a watch style strap with a micro inside
It could make different tones to indicate the way to go
Maybe possible to get it to speak