Hello again Adam,
Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner
Vista / Win7 users: Right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator.
Windows 8 & 8.1 users may face another warning from the Windows SmartScreen Protection - please click More information and Run.
Note: This scan works with Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
If using Mozilla Firefox you may need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
Disable your security programs.
- Click the blue Run ESET Online Scanner box
then click on: Start
- You may see a panel towards the top of the screen telling you the website wants to install an addon... click and allow/install to install. If your firewall asks whether you want to allow installation, say yes. If asked, click yes to allow the program to run on your computer.
- Check "Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications"
- Click on Start and say yes to allow the program to proceed.
- The virus signature database will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically. The scan may take several hours.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed click "List of found threats" and click again on Copy to clipboard. Open notepad and past in the clipboard list. Save it as ESET log somewhere that you can find .
- After that click the button "Back"
- Select and check Uninstall application on close and Delete quarantined files.
- Then click on: Finish
- Copy and paste the ESET log back here and tell me how your machine is now.