Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Netgear Wireless Connection

• Please log in to reply

NeoPegasus

NeoPegasus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Alright, I have 2 computers. One of the computers is hooked up directly to the Wireless Netgear router. This computer works just fine, as I'm using it right now.

The one in the other room is wirelessly connected using the 54 Mbps Wireless PCI Adapter. However, the connection in this one is confusing.

The Wireless Connection detects the Wireless Netgear router, but it doesn't connect to the internet. According to it, the Wireless Netgear Connection, I am not recieving a signal.

Basically, I have no idea HOW to connect to the internet through the other computer. If you need any other necessary information, feel free to ask.

By the way, I'm running XP. Please help.

Advertisements

NumberTWO

NumberTWO

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
hmm..me too having the same config and hardware(netgear too) .. but I'm alright..

Did you follow the instruction closely?

ong2lua

ong2lua

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Please check the configuration on the wireless computer and make sure that it has the correct SSID and authentication setup. You can check the settings in router by typing http:\\192.168.1.1 on the internet browser. Upon the Login screen, type "admin" for Username and "password" for Password to login. Once you are in, click the button on the upper left to look for the basic Wireless settings and use this setting to setup your wireless computer.
I assume all the settings are default. good luck!