Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

paulsuzuki

paulsuzuki

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi All! Am new to computer forums, hope you can help. I have an internet explorer connecting (accessing my AOL ISP) problem. I have an AOL account which works fine and I can easily access the web using it.
In the past, I would sign on to AOL and then click on Internet Explorer. It would open and access the web.

Then I was looking into Access4less ISP Service. I enrolled and that became my internet access for Internet explorer. In other words, While connected to AOL, When I would then open Internet Explorer, Explorer would open, and the words Acess4less would be at the top of the window.
I didnt really understand this, but continued on. Now while connected to AOL, when I open Internet Explorer, It cant access the net and at the top of the window it says "Cant Find Server Acess4less". I understand Acess4less is history.
So How do I re associate Internet Explorer with my AOL ISP? I tried to use gateway support/Help on my computer but it wont connect to the web I guess cause it usese Internet Explorer. Also in one of my troubleshooting attempts, I hit Investigate and the message came back cant "Ping" Gateway support. Excuse the lengthly Post, Im lost can anyone Help? Paul thanks much. :tazz:

Advertisements

paulsuzuki

paulsuzuki

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi All! Am new to computer forums, hope you can help.  I have an internet explorer connecting (accessing my AOL ISP) problem. I have an AOL account which works fine and I can easily access the web using it.
In the past, I would sign on to AOL and then click on Internet Explorer. It would open and access the web.

Then I was looking into Access4less ISP Service. I enrolled and that became my internet access for Internet explorer. In other words, While connected to AOL, When I would then open Internet Explorer, Explorer would open, and the words Acess4less would be at the top of the window.
I didnt really understand this, but continued on. Now while connected to AOL, when I open Internet Explorer, It cant access the net and at the top of the window it says "Cant Find Server Acess4less". I understand Acess4less is history.
So How do I re associate Internet Explorer with my AOL ISP? I tried to use gateway support/Help on my computer but it wont connect to the web I guess cause it usese Internet Explorer. Also in one of my troubleshooting attempts, I hit Investigate and the message came back cant "Ping" Gateway support. Excuse the lengthly Post, Im lost can anyone Help? Paul thanks much.  :tazz:

View Post

merlin811

merlin811

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
ok,go to "tools" "internet options" "programs" and click "reset web settings" that should resolve your problem. :tazz: